Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com $8.9 Billion in revenue and growing
Core-Mark is one of the largest marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry in North America. Founded in 1888, Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions to over 29,000 customer locations in the U.S. and Canada through 28 distribution centers (excluding two distribution facilities the Company operates as a third party logistics provider). Core-Mark services traditional convenience retailers, grocers, drug, liquor and specialty stores, and other stores that carry convenience products.
- Prepare and file U.S. Sales, Excise and Property tax returns
- Prepare tax working papers and reconciliations
- Provide tax and audit support to Core-Mark Divisions, in Canada and U.S.
- Participate in Tax Department projects, as required
- University/College Business Degree/Diploma with emphasis in Accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years tax experience working in a medium to large-sized company
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with strong Excel skills
- Ability to analyze system data and prepare timely and accurate reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized with the ability to multi-task
- Candidate must be a team-player with effective interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in sales/use tax compliance, tax research and SAP (or similar large ERP System) an asset